Meet our people
Find out what CNG people like about working here
Working as part of the busy IT and Change Team at CNG, the Business Improvements Co-ordinator will report to the Business Improvement Team Leader to support the BI team in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
You will empowering people to get to the root cause of issues and recommend improvements across various teams in CNG.
The role itself comprises of the following key work streams:
- Process & Journey analysis: Carrying out a variety of analysis activities including Process mapping, Customer Journey Mapping, Impact Assessments, Root Cause Analysis utilising quantitative and qualitative data to drive decisions, presenting your findings in a format fit for your audience
- Change Delivery: Recommending changes and improvements, Supporting Project managers in identifying deliverable's, drawing out key information from operational stakeholders to enable the smooth delivery of the project. Identifying and tracking the costs and benefits of your recommendations, then measuring the results to ensure benefits are realised.
- Operational Support: Working closely with all areas of the business to understand operational issues and support them in problem solving. Identifying where business readiness activities are required, producing clear and easy to follow learning guides, briefings and internal comms
- Communication: Bringing the different business/customer touchpoints together to identify issues and problems through workshops, meeting and other engagement activities.
In short - You’ll play a key role in enabling CNG to more efficient, effective and being able to deliver a higher level of service to customers – Whilst also being part of an amazing team!
- Completing analysis and investigation on changes raised by operational teams and ensuring these are delivered via the change process
- Keeping sponsors and stakeholders engaged with status of improvements and analysis being carried out
- Identifying and facilitating the creation of learning guides with operational teams and ensuring these are published on the companies central database
- Completing documentation of business process through maps and guides, ensuring these are stored centrally with the sign off of owners and operators.
- Ensure that controls on processes are identified and implemented with teams and shared with relevant compliance teams for internal audit.
- Identifying, co-ordinating and in some cases carrying out business readiness activities such as briefings, training and internal and external communications which will support the smooth delivery of change.
- Support the facilitation of small change prioritisation
- Support the delivery of projects within CNG working with the Project Manager to keep the project on track and deliver required business engagement and analysis
- Quantify benefits of issues/problems being analysed and measure once improved to realise benefits
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Change Delivery experience
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Awareness of Lean Six sigma
- Business Process Mapping
- Business Analysis
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry, in particular B2B
Customer Services at CNG is a big business with a variety of customers, queries, and tasks every day. The teams work across the business to resolve customer queries to the highest possible standard. Successful candidates will join this growing business and will ensure we deliver the service our customers want and deserve!
Day to day tasks include;
- Front-end Customer Service; Communicating effectively with customers, agents and brokers including; Incoming calls, Outbound calls, Emails, and Live chat
- Using bespoke IT systems
- Problem solving
- Manage adhoc queries and enquiries
To be a part of the team you must have;
- An excellent phone manner
- Passion to delight customers and deliver excellent service
- IT Skills
- Experience in customer service or administration is valuable, although not essential as full training is provided at CNG
- Excellent communication skills to all stakeholders
Minimum requirements: Maths/ English GCSE Grade C and above or equivalent.
No agencies, thank you.
“CNG became my family nearly seven years ago now. After working in other companies it’s easy to say CNG truly is unique and an amazing place to work. We have a family oriented culture; we support, appreciate, and care for each other always. I began my career at CNG working in Admin Support; CNG gave me various opportunities over the years to gain experience within different teams which lead to becoming a Team Leader.”
“When I joined CNG, the first thing I noticed was how welcoming everyone was. You could be forgiven for thinking a company as successful would be more corporate, and while the professionalism is here, the welcome is much warmer than anywhere else I have experienced.
Despite consistent growth over the last three years spent here, the same honest, open-door policy applies. I can’t imagine there are many multi-million pound companies where the Managing Director still personally hands every employee their pay slip.
One of the most impressive things about CNG is the opportunity for further growth and development. I have benefited from this directly, having moved into a new team moving to the Trading team and creating a thorough Personal Development Plan.”
“I love working at CNG because they don’t just say they are a people business they demonstrate it by thinking about staff first with every decision taken. We are made to feel included and truly appreciated throughout every success they enjoy. They recognise that their staff ARE the business and so invest in us accordingly.
As an example when staff members need support the attitude of the directors is ‘how can we help’ and they will often go to great lengths to do so. Through this they gain loyalty that sees an exceptionally low staff turnover which I believe is the key to our success.
The values are real and lived every day and ensuring we live by them is always put before profit. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.”