Meet our people
Find out what CNG people like about working here
CNG is the largest independent shipper of gas in the UK. We pride ourselves on giving our customers choice, clarity and, ultimately, power. CNG’s ultimate goal is to be the most loved energy provider in the universe…the question is, could you help is get there?
We are on the search for a Senior Developer to join our growing IT team and integrate into a team of developers with variety of experience levels. Our perfect candidate will help develop and support our up and coming .NET based systems and provide support to existing legacy applications. As a Senior Developer, this exciting role will include mentorship and regular, informal training to help develop the skillsets of other team members and nurture this growing talent for the future. Most importantly, we are looking for a person who will embrace our unique, vibrant culture and shows a real commitment to keeping our six values alive.
• Hands on coding / systems development / software engineering.
• Provide mentorship, training and support learning with team members.
• Analysis, design and development of projects across predominantly Microsoft .Net and SQL Server based technologies.
• Assisting with the successful delivery of projects across the full development lifecycle.
• Working closely with and developing great relationships with internal Project Managers and Business Analysts.
• Liaison with key project stakeholders.
• Communication with third party suppliers.
This role offers challenges across a wide variety of projects and responsibilities. The successful candidate’s background, experience and skills should encompass:
• 3-5 years’ development experience within a full-stack Microsoft environment.
• Strong C# coding skills.
• Experience with ASP.NET / MVC / SQL / JQuery / Bootstrap.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, managing tasks and priorities.
• A strong customer focus and be service driven.
• Clear and confident communication.
• Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Proven track record of systems development within a Microsoft environment.
Nice to have
• Experience of developing within an Agile environment.
• Experience of Desktop development, Webforms or WPF.
• Exposure to automated build and release software e.g. Team Services, Octopus.
• Unit Testing (TDD, MS Test, etc.)
Experience of the utilities industry would be an added bonus but is not essential, as training will be provided in all things gas and power! Any exposure to Equinox 4GL development tools would be extremely beneficial.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in the growth and development of the IT team, so they should be confident, articulate, determined, a great team player and a good fit into this values driven company.
The successful candidate will get a great employment experience in a great environment, plus a number of additional benefits including –
• Salary – Competitive
• Company Profit Share Scheme payment (twice yearly)
• 25 days annual leave
• Healthcare Cashback scheme
• Flexible working
• Relaxed, friendly culture and dress code
• Great social, charity work and team bonding opportunities
If you believe this role is the next step in your career and you have the right skills, experience and personal qualities to make a great contribution to the team, then we would love to hear from you. Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2017
No agencies please.
“CNG became my family nearly seven years ago now. After working in other companies it’s easy to say CNG truly is unique and an amazing place to work. We have a family oriented culture; we support, appreciate, and care for each other always. I began my career at CNG working in Admin Support; CNG gave me various opportunities over the years to gain experience within different teams which lead to becoming a Team Leader.”
“When I joined CNG, the first thing I noticed was how welcoming everyone was. You could be forgiven for thinking a company as successful would be more corporate, and while the professionalism is here, the welcome is much warmer than anywhere else I have experienced.
Despite consistent growth over the last three years spent here, the same honest, open-door policy applies. I can’t imagine there are many multi-million pound companies where the Managing Director still personally hands every employee their pay slip.
One of the most impressive things about CNG is the opportunity for further growth and development. I have benefited from this directly, having moved into a new team moving to the Trading team and creating a thorough Personal Development Plan.”
“I love working at CNG because they don’t just say they are a people business they demonstrate it by thinking about staff first with every decision taken. We are made to feel included and truly appreciated throughout every success they enjoy. They recognise that their staff ARE the business and so invest in us accordingly.
As an example when staff members need support the attitude of the directors is ‘how can we help’ and they will often go to great lengths to do so. Through this they gain loyalty that sees an exceptionally low staff turnover which I believe is the key to our success.
The values are real and lived every day and ensuring we live by them is always put before profit. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.”