Meet our people
Find out what CNG people like about working here
We’re looking for a special someone to fill the dual role of Compliance Manager and Data Protection Officer to join our passionate team! Operating in a fast moving and competitive industry we’re looking for a candidate with entrepreneurial flair and a passion for driving success!
The role is for a candidate that really isn’t your typical Compliance Manager. Reporting directly into the Head of Legal and Compliance and the Board, they need to have a real proactive, innovative and passionate approach to implementing and maintaining compliance across all areas of the business.
The role comprises of the following:
- DPO: Act as the DPO for the CNG Group of companies, ensuring CNG manages its risk efficiently.
Change: Keeping abreast of external legal and regulatory change within the utilities industry, and communicating this to the team and wider business where necessary.
- Projects: Assist as an SME for new and existing projects.
- Training: Develop and maintain a learning and development plan for the business, working closely with relevant departments.
- Operations: Working with the relevant operational teams and SLT to implement legal and regulatory change into the day to day running of the business.
We’re looking for a Database Administrator to design, develop and maintain our databases! The successful candidate will WOW in this fun team! A new role, it certainly has a lot of scope for personal development and challenge for the person who is willing to accept it! Using strong analytical and organisational skills, the position required the individual to help support business opportunities and resolve business challenges this person must think outside the box and work flexibly within the busy IT department.
o Maintaining CNG’s databases on a daily/ weekly basis
o Manage resolution of related incidents and changes
o Designing and developing new solutions
o Supporting the wider business
The successful candidate will have knowledge of of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and XML database management systems and understand Structured query language (SQL)
We’re looking for a Solution Developer to WOW in our IT team! This role requires a great communicator who can not only provide assistance in technical and software architecture planning and design but, also provide support and maintenance to existing .NET and legacy CNG applications. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and has an active interest in current development trends and tools. This is a busy team so the ability to manage tasks to meet multiple deadlines is imperative.
If you have the core values of Fair, Care, Open, Honest, Fun and WOW then send your application in today!
Key responsibilities include;
- Assist with the development of software applications using a broad range of software development tools and techniques.
- Work closely with Senior Solution Developers to help build robust, fit for purpose software architectures, utilising best practise techniques e.g. test driven development and code reuse.
- Provide business as usual support for existing CNG applications, including ongoing development of Equinox 4GL applications.
- Follow CNG best practise methodologies for managing the development lifecycle from project initiation through to software release and version control
- Provide support and input to technical and software architecture planning and design.
“CNG became my family nearly seven years ago now. After working in other companies it’s easy to say CNG truly is unique and an amazing place to work. We have a family oriented culture; we support, appreciate, and care for each other always. I began my career at CNG working in Admin Support; CNG gave me various opportunities over the years to gain experience within different teams which lead to becoming a Team Leader.”
“When I joined CNG, the first thing I noticed was how welcoming everyone was. You could be forgiven for thinking a company as successful would be more corporate, and while the professionalism is here, the welcome is much warmer than anywhere else I have experienced.
Despite consistent growth over the last three years spent here, the same honest, open-door policy applies. I can’t imagine there are many multi-million pound companies where the Managing Director still personally hands every employee their pay slip.
One of the most impressive things about CNG is the opportunity for further growth and development. I have benefited from this directly, having moved into a new team moving to the Trading team and creating a thorough Personal Development Plan.”
“I love working at CNG because they don’t just say they are a people business they demonstrate it by thinking about staff first with every decision taken. We are made to feel included and truly appreciated throughout every success they enjoy. They recognise that their staff ARE the business and so invest in us accordingly.
As an example when staff members need support the attitude of the directors is ‘how can we help’ and they will often go to great lengths to do so. Through this they gain loyalty that sees an exceptionally low staff turnover which I believe is the key to our success.
The values are real and lived every day and ensuring we live by them is always put before profit. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.”