Meet our people
Find out what CNG people like about working here
Our IT and Change team are looking for a Test Analyst to join them in their quest to make CNG the best! If you’ve got two years’ hands on testing experience, then this could be an opportunity for you. We’re looking for an excellent communicator who is calm and works well under pressure. Working in this ever changing environment requires a flexible and highly detailed approach to work. Opportunities to learn are abundant and the successful candidates will embrace these to build on their existing skills within testing techniques, tools, and incident/defect tracking systems.
Key responsibilities include;
- Analysing test requirements for small changes, incidents and projects.
- Identification and recording of test cases within the test case management system, TestRail.
- Identification and tracking of defects through to resolution within Jira.
- Test progress reporting as required.
- Recording and maintenance of regression test cases.
- Documentation and maintenance of team knowledgebase within Confluence.
- Attending change sizing and prioritisation meetings.
- Supporting UAT.
- Collaboration with operational entities to ensure the successful support and communication of software change.
- Ensuring that all testing efforts throughout the SDLC are correctly recorded for traceability and compliance purposes.
- Managing inter-team relationships.
Desirable attributes include;
- Experience working within both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Preferably ISTQB Certified.
- Experience working with SQL and SQL databases.
- .Net exposure an advantage.
- Exposure to test automation
We’re looking for a Solution Developer to WOW in our IT team! This role requires a great communicator who can not only provide assistance in technical and software architecture planning and design but, also provide support and maintenance to existing .NET and legacy CNG applications. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and has an active interest in current development trends and tools. This is a busy team so the ability to manage tasks to meet multiple deadlines is imperative.
If you have the core values of Fair, Care, Open, Honest, Fun and WOW then send your application in today!
Key responsibilities include;
- Assist with the development of software applications using a broad range of software development tools and techniques.
- Work closely with Senior Solution Developers to help build robust, fit for purpose software architectures, utilising best practise techniques e.g. test driven development and code reuse.
- Provide business as usual support for existing CNG applications, including ongoing development of Equinox 4GL applications.
- Follow CNG best practise methodologies for managing the development lifecycle from project initiation through to software release and version control
- Provide support and input to technical and software architecture planning and design.
The Customer Service Desk at CNG is a hive of activity with a variety of customers, queries, and tasks every day. The team work with teams across the business to resolve customer queries to the highest possible standard. Successful candidates will join this busy team and will ensure we deliver the service our customers want and deserve!
Day to day tasks include;
- Front-end Customer Service; Communicating effectively with customers, agents and brokers including; Incoming calls, Outbound calls, Emails, Fax and Live chat
- Using bespoke IT systems
- Problem solving
- Manage adhoc queries and enquiries
To be a part of the team you must have;
- An excellent phone manner
- Passion to delight customers and deliver excellent service
- IT Skills
- Experience in customer service or administration is valuable, although not essential as full training is provided at CNG
- Excellent communication skills to all stakeholders
Minimum requirements: Maths/ English Grade C and above or equivalent.
No agencies, thank you.
“CNG became my family nearly seven years ago now. After working in other companies it’s easy to say CNG truly is unique and an amazing place to work. We have a family oriented culture; we support, appreciate, and care for each other always. I began my career at CNG working in Admin Support; CNG gave me various opportunities over the years to gain experience within different teams which lead to becoming a Team Leader.”
“When I joined CNG, the first thing I noticed was how welcoming everyone was. You could be forgiven for thinking a company as successful would be more corporate, and while the professionalism is here, the welcome is much warmer than anywhere else I have experienced.
Despite consistent growth over the last three years spent here, the same honest, open-door policy applies. I can’t imagine there are many multi-million pound companies where the Managing Director still personally hands every employee their pay slip.
One of the most impressive things about CNG is the opportunity for further growth and development. I have benefited from this directly, having moved into a new team moving to the Trading team and creating a thorough Personal Development Plan.”
“I love working at CNG because they don’t just say they are a people business they demonstrate it by thinking about staff first with every decision taken. We are made to feel included and truly appreciated throughout every success they enjoy. They recognise that their staff ARE the business and so invest in us accordingly.
As an example when staff members need support the attitude of the directors is ‘how can we help’ and they will often go to great lengths to do so. Through this they gain loyalty that sees an exceptionally low staff turnover which I believe is the key to our success.
The values are real and lived every day and ensuring we live by them is always put before profit. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.”