We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to join our Commercial & Legal team here at CNG. This is an opportunity to work in a specialised and diverse role which offers the scope to work with a number of areas across the business to provide support and expert knowledge on compliance within the utilities industry, with a focus on wholesale, commercial and microbusiness customers.
Does this sound like your next challenge? If so please see below for the key responsibilities and person specification for this opportunity.
- Industry Compliance: The role supports CNG in maintaining strong performance with regard to energy obligations and wider compliance requirements. Representing the business on a number of industry working groups and initiatives. Attending industry work groups and seminars, reporting back on key themes to educate and enhance business understanding. Working with the business to collate and compose responses to statutory consultations, requests for information and industry change requests.
- Industry & Regulatory change: Management and facilitation of CNG’s Industry Committee. Reviewing and interpreting complex and technical documentation, assessing and communicating key updates to the SLT and wider business – ensuring the business is well informed and prepared to deliver against its industry requirements. Developing & drafting industry modifications as and when required to drive change at industry level to the benefit of the business.
- Internal change & initiatives: Taking the lead internally on regulatory and compliance related areas. Working with learning and development to ensure that training and internal communications are in line with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- GDPR Compliance: Facilitation of internal data breach and subject access request process. Providing recommendations and actions to the business, whilst also supporting the development of solutions linked to personal data, information quality and security issues.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal), with the ability to translate the complex into clear and understandable updates and communications.
- Ability to multi-task, working on a number of projects and work streams simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in an environment of autonomy, prioritising key work to ensure the business manages compliance risk effectively.
- Experience of working in a compliance type-role within a highly regulated industry (energy/banking/telecoms etc.), energy experience preferred.
If you think this sounds like the perfect opportunity for the next step in your career please send your application to email@example.comApply now