Working within the Procurement team, the Senior Gas Trader will play a vital role in developing and shaping the team as CNG transform into the digital age.
CNG are looking to develop into power, not just gas, which will bring about a transition in our trading strategy and provide the Senior Gas Trader with the opportunity to mould and develop our purchase strategy. This is an opportunity to show real flare, make independent decisions and work at the sharp end of the business.
The Senior Gas Trader will also provide advice and development to our Wholesale businesses to help them to control risk and exposure.
For more information and the full job description, please keep on reading.
• Balance gas volumes in line with Gemini demand
• Trade in line with weather models
• Trade to agreed levels from the snapshot model
• Liaise with Wholesale Coordinators to trade/nominate supplier volumes
• In partnership with the Procurement Analytics Team, building, improving and maintaining models and reports in order to increase accuracy
• Have an awareness of relevant markets, and monitor those markets daily
• Develop Electricity trading knowledge
• Develop understanding of risk products (swap options, sleeving etc)
• Develop new ways of working with our trading partner
• Timely and accurate reports to the Procurement Manager and Trading Director
• Ensure that trading activity complies with risk governance policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the development of the quality of gas analytics output by providing commercial input.
• Provide input for continuous development of trading applications and infrastructure.
• Identifying areas of potential value that Procurement Analytics Team could be working on.
• Experience in the gas industry preferred
• Strong risk management skills and experience
• Organised and able to meet tight deadlines
• Follows processes and procedures
• Able to build solid working relationships
• Highly analytical and inquisitive mind
• Cool head, works well and able to make decisions in a pressured environment
• Capacity to learn
• Diligent, responsible and reliable.
• Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
• Proficient with Excel and other MS Office applications
Interested in this role? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us a little about your experience and let's see if you could be a good fit!