Are you an experienced Test Analyst who is able to identify risk and defects early in the SDLC? Are you able to protect the integrity of the live systems and assist in the delivery of reliable change? If ‘yes’, please keep reading, we may just have what you are looking for.
We are looking for a Test Analyst with a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a structured testing environment to join our excellent Agile IT team here at CNG on a permanent basis at a time we are beginning a major digital transformation project.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Systems Development Team Manager and will be responsible for a variety of tasks which will include but not be limited to; analysing test requirements for changes, incidents and projects, identification of test cases within the test case management system and identification and tracking of defects through to resolution within Jira.
Does this sound like your next challenge? If so, continue reading for full details of this opportunity.
Tasks and areas of accountability etc.
• Analysing test requirements for small changes, incidents and projects.
• Identification and recording of test cases within the test case management system, TestRail.
• Identification and tracking of defects through to resolution within Jira.
• Test progress reporting as required.
• The recording and maintenance of regression test cases.
• Documentation and maintenance of team knowledgebase within Confluence.
• Attending change sizing and prioritisation meetings.
• Supporting UAT.
• Collaboration with operational entities to ensure the successful support and communication of software change.
• Ensuring that all testing efforts throughout the SDLC are correctly recorded for traceability and compliance purposes.
• Managing inter-team relationships
• Embrace the company values and contribute to the unique company culture.
• Other duties as required.
Qualities/skills/ knowledge required to be successful in the role.
• At least 2 years hands on testing experience in a structured testing environment.
• Attention to detail and tenacity.
• An effective communicator at all levels.
• An appetite to learn and develop new skills.
• A calm personality that works well under pressure.
• Understanding of common software failures and faults.
• Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools, incident/defect tracking systems and other test-support tools.
The following are not required but would be considered an advantage:
• Experience working within both Waterfall and Agile methodologies (desirable).
• ISTQB Certified
• Experience working with SQL and SQL databases.
• Exposure to .NET
• Exposure to test automation tools.
• Experience of the retail energy sector
• Experience of Gentrack and ESG services
Do you think this is the perfect opportunity for you to embark on that next step in your career? If it is, please send your application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now