Change of occupancy

Check out our FAQs below on moving premises. If you can't find an answer to your questions, please use our live chat to speak to a member of our team.

Moving premises

If you are moving out, we just need a few details so we can arrange your final bill, and switch the premises to the new tenant or owner quickly and accurately.

  • Final meter reading
  • Forwarding address
  • New tenant details
  • Landlord details
  • The date you moved out

Click here to complete our online Business Movers form. Alternatively, you can email our Business Movers team  at or give us a call on 01423 502554 and we’ll be happy to help.

There are occasions when we may need further details from you but we will let you know when you get in touch with us.

If you are taking over a property as a new tenant, owner or a landlord we want to makes things as simple as possible for you, please provide us with the following information:

  • Lease agreement/ ownership documents
  • Solicitors letter where applicable
  • Name and contact number of the landlords (or whoever manages the property on the landlords behalf) where applicable
  • A meter read

Click here to complete our online Business Movers form. Alternatively, you can email our Business Movers team at or if you prefer to talk to us call us on 01423 502554 and we’ll be delighted to help you. We may need further information from you; if we do we’ll let you know when you contact us.

We aim to update our records within one week of you letting us know that you have moved out. Once the change of tenancy is completed you will receive your final bill within two weeks. If you leave your contact details with us we will always contact you if we have any problems.

We do not generally accept sublets, as we can only bill the person legally responsible for a property. However, we can accept a sublet if
you hold a long-term lease from the freeholder.  By long-term lease we mean one that is for 25 years or more.
We would require a copy of the leasehold agreement.  If there is no long-term leasehold agreement we would require you to provide written permission from the freeholder confirming you have permission to sublet the property.

Can't find an answer to your query?

Speak to an advisor
Help and support

Help and support

Need some help? Have a look through our Frequently Asked Questions

Read more


Whether making a payment, submitting a meter reading, moving premises or request a copy invoice, you can do it all online here.

Read more
Contact us

Contact us

If you can't find the answer to your questions within our help centre, our team are on hand to help with any queries you have.

Read more